Zarauz is a tourist village located in the Centre of the coast of the province and the province of Guipúzcoa, in the Basque country (Spain). Zarauz was founded in 1237 by Fernando III of Castile. Until the 16th century, its inhabitants engaged in fishing, especially the whale. Then, with the disappearance of the whale in the Bay of Biscay, the zarauztarras were devoted to other purposes such as agriculture, textile industry, or the manufacture of furniture or boats. The beach of Zarautz is the most extensive in the Basque country and one of the longest in the Bay of Biscay; for this reason it is known with the nickname of “Queen of the beaches”.